Authors are to follow the procedures below when submitting an article for publication in the Civil War Philatelist (CWP).
1. Prepare your articles and associated materials as follows:
a. Prepare the article in a Microsoft Word file (DOC or DOCX).
b. All illustrations must be scanned at 300 dpi. Each illustration must be saved and submitted as a separate TIFF file.
c. Prepare a Limited Release of Copyright (for the specific article submitted) or a Blanket Limited Release of Copyright (for the submitted and all future articles).
Either release of copyright gives the Confederate Stamp Alliance the limited authority to publish the article(s) in print and/or digital formats, to put the article on its web site, and to make the article available to individuals or entities for educational purposes.
The release of copyright forms can be printed or downloaded below:
2. Submit your completed article, illustrations and copyright release by email to the CWP Article Coordinator or by U. S. mail to Steve Roth, 1280 21st Street, NW, Saint George Condominium, Unit 209, Washington, DC 20036-2343.
a. If you cannot scan the signed release form, mail it to CWP Article Coordinator at the address above.
b. Include your e-mail or mailing address with your submission so an acknowledgement of receipt can be sent.
4. Upon receipt of the article, any illustrations and a completed copyright release form the CWP Article Coordinator will acknowledge receipt and forward the article to the appropriate section editor.
5. The section editor will review the article, work with the author to finalize the article, and cause peer review to occur as necessary before submission to the CWP editor.
6. After submitting the finished article to the CWP editor for publication, the section editor will notify the author.