Leave a Legacy in CSA Philately
Don’t let your passion for Confederate stamps & covers, nor your support for, and dedication to, the Confederate Stamp Alliance (CSA) expire. Think of including them in your estate plans through planned giving, which offers the opportunity to contribute at a level beyond what may be possible during your lifetime.
One of the easiest ways to make a gift is through a bequest; a provision in your will or trust to leave a specific amount of money, a percentage of your estate, or a specific asset, such as your collection, stocks or bonds to the CSA. The bequest can be included in the initial set up your will or be added to an existing will through an amendment. Or, you could name the CSA as beneficiary of your life insurance policy or retirement plan. There are other types of bequests which can be explained by your attorney when you create or change your will.
To help you get started with your attorney/estate planner, see the information below:
- The official bequest language for the Confederate Stamp Alliance is: “I, (name), of (city, state, zip) give, devise, and bequeath to the Confederate Stamp Alliance, Inc. (written amount or percentage of the estate, or description of property) for its unrestricted use and purpose.”
- You will also need The Federal Tax Identification Number (EIN) for the Confederate Stamp Alliance, Inc.: “51-0174897”.
- Additional language to consider:
- A bequest of a cash amount: “I leave $______ to the Confederate Stamp Alliance, Inc.”
- A bequest of your collection: “I leave my collection (or the remainder of my collection after auction) to the Confederate Stamp Alliance, Inc.”
If you have any further questions or would like to talk to someone regarding options, please feel free to contact Larry Baum, or by mail:
316 W. Calhoun Street, Sumter, SC 29150 (803-316-6460)